Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mind Control

Maybe it’s because my personal philosophy has always been about everyone being a free thinker. But periodically I encounter people who wish one way or the other to control other people’s thoughts. I really dislike people who try to control or direct other people’s thoughts because I find this generally counterproductive to human survival and human evolution. So, when I find people doing this sort of thing my first reaction is just disgust.

But then, sometimes there is another layer to all this. Sometimes such a person might know something that you don’t presently know and might even be protecting you from harm. This is one of the many strange aspects to all this sort of thing.

For example, when all of us are growing up we are subjected to mind control by parents and teachers and even by older siblings trying to protect us from both ourselves and the world around us. So, one of the things we all deal with is trying to figure out as we are growing up who we can trust and who we can’t. This occupies a lot of time for all of us who actually become full time adults with all or most senses intact.

For example, I was molested by my 13 year old male cousin when I was 8 because I loved and trusted him. At the time I didn’t think males could engage in any kind of sex. At 8 I thought only men had sex with women to have babies. So sex between males didn’t even exist in my reality. So I didn’t really understand what had happened until about 2 years later when I saw two dogs copulating one day on my newspaper route one Sunday morning when I was 10. And since it only was understood by my subconscious mind and not my conscious one I just went home went back to sleep and had an epileptic seizure for the first time in my life. This was my personal reaction to subconsciously finally understanding the full breach of trust that that brought into my life. So, being lied to by someone you trust is a form of mind control because it can change or even destroy your life without you really understanding it at all except being an unwilling victim at that point in your life.

So, as we are little children and growing up we are all victims of mind control of one form or another. Usually it is both positive and negative in all our lives as we go through very involved conditioning by older siblings, parents, relatives, teachers, ministers, Sunday school teachers etc. And like I said most of the time it is more good than bad in that it allows us to survive into adulthood. But many times it only drives insane or kills many of us. So, having some way to decide whether something is good or bad or useful or not useful in one’s life is the difference of whether we survive into adulthood or die or just go insane in the process. We are all both helped or harmed by our experiences and what we believe at all points during our lives. And having something useful to hang onto during this time can be very useful to our long term well being and to our long term survival as humans here on planet earth.

So, mind control can be both good or bad depending upon the state of maturity of who is being controlled. If one is capable and mature enough to think their own thoughts and to make their own decisions then people should stop trying to control them. And if you are being controlled then maybe you need to get away from the people controlling you, if you are older than 16 to 18 years of age. However, if these same people are your parents or guardians and will help you through college then this too must be looked at in regard to your long term future.

Then there are those who are interested for one reason or another in psychically controlling your mind and are on some sort of power trip. I have encountered people like this as well. And most of the time it is best just to walk away from them and get away from these kinds of people any way you can as soon as possible so they don’t haunt you the rest of your lives in one way or another.

So, if you are old enough to be on your own and to protect yourself both physically, mentally, emotionally and financially then walking away from people controlling you in ways you don’t find useful might be a very good idea. However, always remember that if you don’t physically survive all this is meaningless. So your first obligation to yourself is to survive any way you can. After this is accomplished you can then try to find ways to free yourselves from the people you need to be free from.

None of us would have survived to become adults without having our minds controlled by our parents, guardians, teachers, and friends to a greater or lesser degree. However, there is also a time to move on from all this. So only you can know when this time is right for you to free yourself.

No comments: