Monday, January 31, 2011

Born died 20 buried 60

If you were born any time in human history (or prehistory) before 1900 this might have been your epitaph on your grave and still is for many humans on earth.

There comes a time when one directly or indirectly chooses between (a life that one dreams about) and taking care of one's family and friends. And this difference is usually how family and society judges people as to whether they are adults or permanent children (even if physically adults).

The "died 20" mainly means that your dreams of having the future you wanted doing what you wanted with who you wanted couldn't or didn't happen. So, if such a person chooses to stay alive after this happens for friends and family this "Dead person" lives until 60 or more without their dreams being fulfilled in sort of a state of willing sacrifice for family and friends.

It has always been this way and it makes every one of us cry during our twenties if we survive it.

My 14 year old daughter often will say to me, "Why don't you treat me like an adult?" I reply to her, "One's age has nothing to do with whether I treat someone like an adult. Though I respect all beings I only treat people like adults that actually act like one. So, if a 5 year old acts like an adult he or she deserves my respect. But if a 50 year old acts like a child he or she does not deserve my respect."

So, I judge people by their behavior both towards me and all others. I do this so we all can survive and live together peacefully. And most all other adults do the same thing worldwide. Because if they don't most of them would already be maimed or injured by people pretending to be adults who are just crazy or just plain dangerous to themselves or everyone else.

So, as you can see to some degree "Born died 20 Buried 60" in some ways applies to everyone, even if they live to be 100 or more.

No comments: