Saturday, January 8, 2011

Extreme Change

Magnetic North Moving at greater speed

This present article that I call "Extreme Change" was partly inspired by research I did for the above article I wrote based upon scientific quotes above called "Magnetic North Moving at greater speed" . If you want to read that as a reference point please do.

I was thinking this morning about a variety of things I studied yesterday as well as my whole life's experience. There was a man who came on a TV program about Nostradamus who said something like, "It is likely that with the extreme changes coming to our planet that many will just die because of too much change."

This took me back to when I was 10 years old and my cousin and I were hunting jack rabbits in the desert. My cousin took a 100 yard shot at two ears that stood above a large rock and took a careful shot. At the time we both laughed because the ears disappeared as we knew they would. But 100 yards later when we came upon the spot both of us couldn't believe our eyes because just the bullet which had just grazed the top of one ear of the rabbit had caused the rabbit to die of shock.

So, with all these things like Magnetic North moving now at 40 miles a year, instead of the average which is 4.56+ miles per year for the last 150 years.
In the last 150 years, the (North Magnetic) pole has wandered a total of about 685 miles (1102 kilometers). The magnetic South Pole moves in a similar fashion. So if you divide 685 miles by 150 years you get 4.56+ years average per year for those 150 years. So 40 miles in one year is around 10 times the 4.56+ average. So we are definitely in quite different territory now to the point where the Tampa Airport had to change it's co-ordinate definition because it is now several miles off because of the quicker movement of magnetic north.

Then I thought of all the extreme weather and thought about a some of the very strange storms that we have seen this year in the Eastern U.S. that reminded me a lot of storms in "The Day After Tomorrow" the movie. Couple this with melting tundra and northern homes falling into the sea or sinking into the melted tundra, islands in the Pacific being inundated by water, and really crazy weather like the present flooding of Australia, and before that a drought so bad in Australia that farmers were killing themselves because they had no hope of financial recovery a few years ago. So, all these extremes and paradoxes are just a part of the extreme change we are all witnessing.

Growing up in a Christian Country like the United States, people often have talked about the rapture. I'm beginning to wonder if the rapture is just people dying of fright from just too many changes. I have noticed that there are adventurous people like myself who ride motorcycles, fly planes and gliders and travel all over the world and have amazing experiences that we barely survive. And then there are people who are much more afraid all the time like that jackrabbit story I told. And sometimes people who are this afraid are suddenly gone because of just one more thing than they can cope with. So, maybe for them the rapture is just too much change to cope with to keep their hearts beating.

No comments: