Saturday, January 29, 2011

IPhone 4

2 years ago I got a touchscreen phone but didn't get a smart phone because I couldn't rationalize it because I didn't see that I would really need one that much. But I learned and got used to a touch screen which is a completely different experience from a flip phone if you have ever had a touch phone. My wife likes Blackberrys so that is her choice because her friend when we visited Boston a couple of years ago had one.

So, I recently got an Iphone 4. At first I was just going to get a 3G Iphone instead until I realized it costs the same per month in the service for one or the other, so the only difference is the cost of the two phones. Since that is only a one time thing I decided to go for the IPhone4. Then I got a rubber cover so if you drop the phone is bounces and doesn't harm the phone. Also, one doesn't compromise the aerial and harm transmissions or reception. So having a good cover will make the phone work better in case you forget and hold the phone wrong and lose reception (if you don't have a cover covering the aerial).

Since I have spent many hours playing with my sons IPad I soon realized that an Iphone is basically a miniature IPad that makes phone calls. Besides my son tells me he is going to give me his IPad when he gets a newer model. He is much more techy than I am at this point.

Whether you get an Iphone from Verizon or ATT should depend on the reception one gets in your area. In some areas one is better and in other areas the other is better. So, remember to ask people (if you don't know) which carrier works the best where you live and work if you want to get an IPhone.

Another thing I learned is that even though you can buy a used IPhone over EBay, be sure before you do this to check whether your service provider will let you use the used Iphone with them before you buy a used one over EBay. They may not let you use a used one(in other words you might need to use one they sell you).

No comments: