Monday, January 17, 2011

Living Buddhas

I cannot tell you for sure when I actually read or heard of the concept of "Living Buddhas". It was likely sometime between ages 10 and 25. However, when I first started to meet them in real life (because I am a natural intuitive) I knew what they were and no one had to tell me about what it was that they were.

A Living Buddha according to Tibetan Buddhist ideology means that such a being has chosen not to stop reincarnating until all beings become enlightened like they are. So, such a being continues to come into embodiment so that the sufferings of all beings become more and more reduced until their enlightenment is assured. Since I have experienced being in the presence of hundreds and thousands of "Living Buddhas" while I attended the Kalachackra Tantric Initiation in Bodhgaya, India in December 1985 with my family, the five of us experienced this also along with 500,000 others receiving the initiation by the Dalai Lama.

In 1984 I and my wife and a good friend all received the "Phowa" initiation from Lama Ayang in Santa Cruz, California. The lama told us that if the initiation took we would all begin to remember the past lives of all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the ten directions and the three times as our own. I remember feeling very confused the first few weeks as I began to remember thousands of new lifetimes. I was both feeling very confused and enlightened by all these new lifetimes at the same time. So, then I began to write of these lifetimes and I felt incredible spiritual power in doing this as I felt the power of their compassion wash through me during this process. Then in 1999 when after I had almost died from a heart virus God got me to begin to publish online some of these lifetimes and some aspects of other lifetimes of these living Buddhas. During the 1980s I often wondered if I too was a living Buddha because of the kinds of experiences I have had during this lifetime. I think many of you might begin to wonder about your lives too after reading what I'm writing here.

A living Buddha is not necessarily an intellectual genius. What all "Living Buddhas" have in common is that they have the ability to be in exactly the right place and time for amazing things to happen if they want to. Often a "Living Buddha" does not know he or she is a "Living Buddha" until the age of 40 years of age (although they might suspect this before then). I cannot tell you exactly why this is. I think it mostly has to do with trying to figure out who you are each time you are born into a human body on earth or in a body on another planet or dimension. For there are living Buddhas throughout the known and unknown universe incarnating constantly everywhere. This is my ongoing experience.

The other thing I find fascinating is that a "Living Buddha" can be born into almost any compassionate religion or philosophy on earth and beyond. A Living Buddha is very eclectic in both thought and action and their primary concern as souls is the permanent ending of the suffering of all living beings in the universe and the enlightenment of all beings in the universe. The more I learn about the universal saints that "Living Buddhas" are the more I am amazed by them throughout the universe.

No comments: