Monday, November 30, 2015

Why do so many people worldwide not believe the climate is changing?

I think it's mostly about belief and what people around you tend to believe. For example, in the heartland of the U.S. where they are REALLY isolated from any other cultures by so much land, people tend to believe in Christianity over science.

I can understand this because though I also believed in Science I had been raised as a creationist(I had been taught that God Created everything instead of evolution).

So, when I went to college and took a Social Science Class and realized more people believed in evolution in this class than believed what I believed I was pretty upset and dropped out of college for a semester. In fact, it took me until I was 21 to resolve all this in my mind properly.

The way I resolved it was to realize the Creation theory was only a Theory and Darwin's Theory of evolution was only a theory and I didn't have to totally believe either one. This was just fine with me.

However, people in the heartland may not have been raised in Los Angeles like I was during the 1950s and 1960s and so wouldn't be as progressive as I was then or now.

So, why should they believe the climate is changing if their friends where they live don't either?

They really have no evidence because they likely don't believe in Science either, only Christianity.

So, if you believe in Christianity but not Science you aren't going to accept climate change.

In fact, you aren't going to accept Science as meaning anything at all because you don't believe in it.

I believe in Science and Christianity but I also believe in Buddhism and compassion which is where I believe Jesus got the idea of forgiveness from  in the first place. (Buddha was 500 years before Christ).

But, unless you respect science and can think in scientific ways and know how to prove things to yourself climate change is going to sound like mumbo jumbo and might as well be another religion that people where you live just don't believe in at all.

So, what I'm saying here is "You're not going to make people believe in things they don't already believe in."

This is just logical.

No comments: