Saturday, January 11, 2020

Having enough compassion for yourself to stay alive through all of this

If you are a caring person often you are needed by mankind as a helper and eventually a useful elder.
This is something to consider when the world just seems too much to continue to endure.

From about 1969 to 1973 I experienced a lot not wanting to deal with the craziness of life anymore. I didn't become who I expected and plans I made didn't really work for me especially who I was going to marry then. But then, I really wasn't prepared (emotionally or in any way really) to be married before about age 26 when I actually married for the first time.

In that era it was much more common for girls to go live with a guy 19 to 50 by age 15 years of age, especially if they didn't have the money to go to college or the inclination to. So, my friends started marrying a lot by 16 years of age and even more often by 18 years of age because that was the norm.

I was 16 in 1964 only 4 years after the birth control pill became legal in the U.S. to buy and available at a pharmacy near you.

So, the point I'm making here is often even if you don't want to be alive anymore, others need you to be alive so they can choose to stay alive for themselves, their loved ones and their families and friends.

You could be the lynchpin in creating all sorts of amazing good changes in the world and people's lives. If you like to write and are a thinker like me you might help people long after you are gone as well in a variety of ways even if you live to be 100 or more. This is the reality of life.

So, giving up just because Trump is president isn't useful. Giving up because the world isn't the way you want it to be isn't useful. To fight the good fight for the survival of the human race on earth and beyond IS useful.

I had to face this a lot to between 1969 and 1973 when I was 21 to 25 years of age. I really didn't see how being alive anymore was useful. I most always had girlfriends but mostly their use to me was that if one was in love with me I felt obligated to stay alive for her while we were going steady together. But, for myself I could see no logical reason why I should stay alive to face a world as cruel as this one.

But, as I saw people dying around me college age because of one thing or another, the Viet Nam War, overdosing on Drugs in college, driving race cars on the streets too fast or just suiciding because the one they loved didn't work out, I noticed the harm that their deaths caused to their families and friends and noticed chain reactions of deaths and suicides often resulted from the precedent of their deaths and often moved out like a fan opening in a bad way through their friends and families.

And so I realized I had to be a good soldier for my friends and family and fight to stay alive no matter the personal cost to myself. By the time I was in my 30s I was married to my 2nd wife and before that at age 29 I was a single father but by 32 to 37 I was very very happy I had stayed alive to live my dreams after all of moving to the wildnerness and building a home in the deep woods and skiing and hiking a lot in the wilderness and home schooling my children. When I did this from 1980 to 1985 it brought hope back into my life and was one of the reasons I'm still alive today. That I could live my dreams for even 5 years (1980 to1985) made my life worthwhile ever since.

Now all my older children are married and my son from my first marriage is raising my grandson as well. I'm now 71 and am very grateful I suffered through my 20s until my 30s became a very happy time for me living in the wilderness of Mt. Shasta and skiing in the winter and hiking mountain trails in the summer while swimming and kayaking in mountain lakes and rivers in the summertime.

Living your dreams can save your life.

So, if you want to kill yourself, stop living for others and live your dreams enough to want to stay alive for yourself. However, if you have children you cannot kill yourself because their lives have to be what you are living for then.

Luckily I was 26 before I got married and had my first child so I was mature enough for this to all work out right.

Now I'm 71 and my youngest daughter is 23 so I was raising kids continuously since 1974. So, family has been my Yoga which helped me a lot through my life.

Yoga often means discipline. Everyone needs to devote themselves to something even if they are single. I chose to be a householder Yogi as my discipline that saved my life and made it a good one.

By God's Grace
















































No comments: