Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life the Way It Should Be

After struggling in many ways for the first over 40 years in my life something changed. I met someone who was enough like me psychologically and grown up in many of the same ways that I was, that I didn't have to feel like I was "The only Grownup in the room" most of the time in my life.

I cannot tell you what a difference this can make in someone's life. So, we married in Yosemite at the Chapel there and had about 14 friends and relatives there and then had our reception at the Awahnee Hotel there in Yosemite. Though we originally were going to get married somewhere else entirely we both realized that what made us both very spiritual people naturally was a time we spent in Yosemite growing up. For me, the change happened the summer of 1963 when I was 15 and my best friend and I were turned loose in Yosemite for 1 week. So we hiked the trails up to California Nevada Falls, watched the bears and deer up close and watched the firefall every night at I think it was about 9pm off of Glacier point. This time in Yosemite permanently changed me to becoming a permanently spiritual person who takes care of the earth and everyone that God brings into my life to befriend and to care for including myself.

So, when we each realized our spiritual lives were formalized there we decided to set it in stone so to speak by getting married there. So as it began to snow on our Hotel Windo at the Ahwahnee Hotel. We packed up our SUV and drove to the San Francisco Airport and flew to Honolulu (which I had never walked around in or been to before and stayed at Waikiki at the Sheraton Hotel on the 10th floor and then my new wife's mother gave us a present of 4 or 5 more days at the Hyatt Poipu on Kaua'i. This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Up to this time my life had always been sort of a struggle but suddenly I was with someone who actually could make good decisions like me and my whole life changed. I realized I had entered sort of a Heaven realm and decided that God had blessed me for putting so many other people's lives before myself all these years and rewarded all my good works.

It was as if the first 40 years of my life I was always helping people and wasn't given much by life for it, and all of a sudden Heaven let loose the floodgates and literally everything in my life changed like it was a miracle and I had died and gone to heaven. The change was literally so great that sometimes I would pinch myself and think, "I wonder if I died and went to heaven". I Pray that all of you can experience heaven on earth. I wish I didn't have to wait so long in purgatory to get there, but it was worth the wait. If you don't remember anything I have said don't forget this last point.

No comments: