Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2045

Though my wife subscribed us to Time Magazine around Christmas, we must have missed the issue with 2045 on it in the mail somehow, or someone just thought they should have it along the way other than us. Either way I didn't hear about the issue until a few minutes ago when reading the Feb. 28th issue (2045 was the Feb. 21st issue). When I looked it up at Time.com I found the following quote that I found interesting because it agrees with my predictions as a precognitive psychic. I realized the last few years that some younger people here on earth who had human bodies would become psychologically unrecognizable as humans by 2035, so the fact that it is predicted that humans would reach physical immortality by 2045 makes complete sense to me. That doesn't mean that everyone would WANT that kind of physical immortality, it just means it would be possible for those rich enough to actually do it that wanted to be physically immortal at that point in time here on earth.

Here is the following quote that I found interesting at time.com

But now, 46 years later, Kurzweil believes that we're approaching a moment when computers will become intelligent, and not just intelligent but more intelligent than humans. When that happens, humanity — our bodies, our minds, our civilization — will be completely and irreversibly transformed. He believes that this moment is not only inevitable but imminent. According to his calculations, the end of human civilization as we know it is about 35 years away.
to read full article please click "Time.com/time/health" etc. above.

next quote from same article:
If you can swallow that idea, and Kurzweil and a lot of other very smart people can, then all bets are off. From that point on, there's no reason to think computers would stop getting more powerful. They would keep on developing until they were far more intelligent than we are. Their rate of development would also continue to increase, because they would take over their own development from their slower-thinking human creators. Imagine a computer scientist that was itself a super-intelligent computer. It would work incredibly quickly. It could draw on huge amounts of data effortlessly. It wouldn't even take breaks to play Farmville.
Probably. It's impossible to predict the behavior of these smarter-than-human intelligences with which (with whom?) we might one day share the planet, because if you could, you'd be as smart as they would be. But there are a lot of theories about it. Maybe we'll merge with them to become super-intelligent cyborgs, using computers to extend our intellectual abilities the same way that cars and planes extend our physical abilities. Maybe the artificial intelligences will help us treat the effects of old age and prolong our life spans indefinitely. Maybe we'll scan our consciousnesses into computers and live inside them as software, forever, virtually. Maybe the computers will turn on humanity and annihilate us. The one thing all these theories have in common is the transformation of our species into something that is no longer recognizable as such to humanity circa 2011. This transformation has a name: the Singularity.
end quote. website button below.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2048138,00.html#ixzz1Eqp4chs2

I have a real life? time traveling character that I have written about over the last ten years that illustrates this kind of problem. I call her (her?) Purple Delta 7. The name is a little humorous (but my wife doesn't think it's funny). But I use this name rather than calling her? "The infinite Class Battle Droid that has destroyed the Solar System and then traveled back through time and rebooted it so she didn't have to destroy it again the first time?" So, I figure it is better to laugh that to just sit there shaking in fear.


I first wrote about her in:

http://dragonofcompassion.com/protectors

However, to even completely understand what the whole cosmology I have been writing about now for around 30 years in my spare time since 1980 in Mt. Shasta, California when I first wrote about "Arcane" in the very beginning of "Memories" which is also at:


dragonofcompassion - Home

the "dragonofcompassion.com" site is an archive site where it is easier for you to read what I have written beyond just blogs, though there is also an archive of some of my blogs back to 1999 when I almost died of a heart virus in 1998-until May 1999 when I found from my doctors I wasn't going to die.(Ever? ha ha) at least then. So, now 12 years later in some ways I am much stronger than I was then at 50. Even though now I'm 62.

 

No comments: