Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Verizon IPhone better phone but not as good a media device

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2011/02/verizon-iphone/
To read full article that I quote from below please paste above.

first quote:
But over the weekend, when I called buddies with both an AT&T iPhone 4 and subsequently a Verizon iPhone 4, we could immediately tell the difference.
“Holy crap, you sound so much better,” a friend said after I switched to the Verizon handset while walking through downtown San Francisco. “That’s amazing. I can actually hear you.”

 2nd quote from same source:
That’s simply because Verizon’s 3G-transfer rates are slower than AT&T’s. For the few days I’ve had the Verizon iPhone, I’ve been riding my motorcycle all around San Francisco to test its performance against the AT&T iPhone. The AT&T handset on average scored significantly better in speed tests: 62 percent faster for downloads and 38 percent faster for uploads. (If you’re curious about test procedures, check out our explainer and our interactive map on Gadget Lab.)end quotes.

So, in the end it appears (at least for now) the superior Iphone is now on the Verizon network but the superior Media IPhone is AT&T. So, depending upon what you bought the IPhone for you may or may not be frustrated in your area. My new Iphone I have already heard several complaints   that I sound like I'm talking underwater. However, I'm okay with that as long as people can understand me which as for now they can. And so far I'm happy with the media package.  However, I did find out that there is no unlimited media package any longer for AT&T. There biggest media package is now $25 a month flat fee. So, if you want to upload and download in an unlimited fashion your only choice is Verizon but it is 62% slower in downloads than AT&T. Competition being what it is likely both companies will get a lot better at all this over time so I believe everyone in the end will be much happier with both their phone service and their media speeds.

No comments: