Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Singularity

The Singularity of Ray Kurzweil

The Six Epochs from The Singularity is Near

Paradigm Shift ( The Technological Revolution )

I was reading the Time.com article called 2045 which is the year in which Ray Kurweil thinks the Technological Singularity will be reached when people will become (if they wish) immortal through technology. Then I found these three(there are also many more on these pages if you wish to look at them all.

What this time will mean to a person then alive might mean more to someone rich who might afford to become and therefore financially able to both achieve and to maintain immortality. Because it must not only be attained, it must also be maintained for it to be real or meaningful enough to continue ones existence ongoing.

I was once told by one of my teachers: "If you live to be 100 you will be 500. If you live to be 500 you will be 1000. If you live to be 1000 you will be 5000. If you live to be 5000 you will be 10,000."

My response was, "I'll believe it when I see it."

The answer I got back was, "If your response was anything else it couldn't actually happen."

 

 

No comments: