Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Castle lake northern california June 1st 2011

Driving up to castle lake across the Lake Siskiyou bridge over
the dam I soon turn left and head up 10 miles to castle lake.
The newly fallen snow doesn't surprise me because it has been snowing
off and on above 5000 feet. However, what does surprise
me is that Castle lake is still frozen over completely
On June 1st as other years I have seen very young
And hearty children wading and swimming on other years on this date.
I'll add more later but composing from my IPhone like
I'm doing now is tedious and it is just too very
Beautiful here so this is it for now.

Later the night of the same day back on my laptop. I'm going to load a photo that I took today of Castle Lake that most years wouldn't be possible. There is only one year during the 1990s and 1974 that I know for sure the lake still looked like this on June 1st. So it is about a once in 20 years kind of thing to see it look like this on June 1st. By the way it was snowing off and on even while I was taking pictures this day of the lake. Castle Lake is around 6000 feet in elevation and has a paved road to it.

No comments: