Friday, June 17, 2011

Green Lantern: The Story

I have been periodically watching the "Green Lantern" Story as it previews at various theaters and on TV commercials. I was struck by how similar the story is to what actually happens as one evolves spiritually on earth as they become more and more responsible not only in their physical actions but also in their internal, spiritual and emotions  as well.

Being "Chosen" is also a theme in most religious creation stories no matter what religion or philosophy one comes from. As I was a child growing up my parents told me first about a group of beings that spanned the galaxies and that as one grew up in all ways one could "align" with this compassionate group composed of the Saints of All the religions of the universe throughout all time and space.

So, as a child I believed in this and then as an adult I aspired to become one of the "Real members" of this group of trillions of saint like beings that spans all galaxies. In my early 30s I was inducted into this group and at first found it terrifying for about 24 hours and then I realized I never would need to fear anything really ever again. So, I guess I would like to "Witness" to you here that there are real groups that operate in the universe very similar to the "Green Lanterns" in this story. Though Green Lantern is written specifically to entertain and to enlighten children and young adults to make good decisions in their lives, once one becomes an adult one can then actually become a "Green Lantern" type of being in actuality. The actuality is much more subtle most of the time than the flashy "Green Lantern" movie but the results can be much more profound than one will see in this movie as well.

No comments: