Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Francis Bacon Meets Arcane

note: I recently went to watch "Anonymous" with a friend. Today, I was thinking about Arcane and Francis Bacon meeting since Arcane is a Time Traveler and Francis Bacon is for all intents and purposes "Timeless" as you will see when you see this movie if you haven't already.

Francis Bacon had just "died" and his casket was laying in the church overnight. The guard of the casket had fallen asleep mysteriously and as Francis Bacon woke up he was sitting next to his casket and a man was filling his casket with rocks.

note: In real life Francis Bacon's casket actually was dug up only to have already been filled with rocks and his body mysteriously gone.


Francis Bacon said to the man: "What are you doing here? And why are you putting rocks into that casket? And for that matter why am I here? The last thing I can remember I was on my death bed but now I feel like I'm about 20 again."

Arcane smiled and said, "I just brought you back to life. When you obtained the Philosopher's stone it drew me here. It told us you were the most evolved man we know of since Jesus."

Francis Bacon said, "Who are you?" As fear rose in his voice.

Arcane said, "I am from another time where there is medical technology to bring one back from the dead if their body hasn't decomposed yet."

Francis Bacon, "Why are you here?"

Arcane could see that Francis Bacon's mind was playing tricks on him because he knew he should be dead. He decided to try another direction in speaking with Francis or "Edward" as he liked to be called.

Arcane said, "You and I have the same soul."
Francis Bacon said, "You are making me afraid."
Arcane said, "No. I'm serious. Haven't you ever heard of reincarnation?"
Francis Bacon thought about this and said, "Yes. It is said that people in India believe in this and many in China too."
Arcane then said, "Well. I am a future incarnation of yours."
FRancis Bacon(Edward) said, "Well. That's news to me." However, Edward was still suspicious of this man. AFter all, he had shown him nothing, really. He had just told him that he was from another time. How was he to know if he was telling the truth.

Arcane heard all this going through Francis Bacon's mind and said, "Here is the philosopher's stone. Didn't they tell you that it brought immortality?"

Edward said, "Well. Yes. But--"
ARcane said, "Well. It brought immortality through me by bringing me to you. Watch this! Philosopher's stone. Open at my command. 7777777"
Edward's eyes opened wide. The stone glowed with wondrous lights coming out of it now. It appeared almost like it was a happy thing about to sing. Then it said, "I am now open and speaking English"

Arcane then said, "Edward. Talk to the stone. Ask it what you wish."
Edward said, "Talk to the stone" as if he was turning this new idea around in his head. So he said, "Stone. Are you alive?"
The stone said, "No. But you are."
Edward then said, "But if you are not alive how do you speak?"

So the stone said, "Well. In the future about 500 years from now something called 'artificial intelligence' will be invented using something called microchips and programming and then I will be able to talk."

Edward said matter of factly, "But stone, if you haven't even been invented yet, how can you talk now."
The stone was quiet for a few moments and then said, "I have been transported through time by Galactic agents that wanted me to find you."

Edward then said,"But why, stone. That doesn't make any sense at all to me."

The stone said matter of factly. "We all needed you and to know when you came into being and grew up. We all knew when you came around you would find us."

Edward said, "Why. Why would I try and find you?"

The stone said, "Because your soul would know you needed to find me to bring Arcane here to train you."

Finally, Edward (Francis Bacon) had been convinced.

He stared at Arcane and said, "What is your name and where do you come from and from what time and place?" Edward was very stern about all this and found himself automatically searching for his little dagger that he had asked to be buried with him. He was considering killing himself with it at this point just like Juliet had done in one of his plays if it came to that.

Though Arcane could stop his mind or his body at any point, he didn't want to lead with that. It would be much better if Edward (Francis) grasped the salient points on his own carefully one by one like a child might if that could be arranged.

So, Arcane obliged him. He said, "I come in this lifetime from another planet about 1,000,000 years into your future. I am born of the same basic genetics as you."

Edward said, "Genetics?"

Arcane caught himself and said, "I am a direct descendent of yours. I am just from another planet colonized by your descendents."

Edward rolled the words around in his head, "Colonized by my descendents?"
Edward said, "Do you think I'm a crazy person or something?"
Arcane said, "You just had a conversation with a rock."
This broke the ice and Edward began to laugh like a crazy man until he started to cry.
Finally Edward said, "You win. Whoever you really are. You are right. Maybe both of us are crazy now. Because truly and indeed I just spoke with a stone who said it brought you here to me. So, whatever the actual truth may be I really have no choice but to go with what appears to be happening at least for now.


Arcane knew it likely would be okay now. He would just let Edward speak his mind now.

Edward said, "So Likely you are helping me wake up and filling my coffin with rocks as since I am alive again there likely will be no body in my casket which might disappoint my children were they to know or to look. So, my weight should be properly measured. Do you have a scales or counterweight so we can make it fairly accurate?"

Arcane said, "That won't be necessary. Stone can tell me when I've put enough rocks in."
Edward said, "Is that true, Stone?"
Stone said, "Yes. It is true."
Edward said, "Then how close are we now?"
Stone said, "That last one over by you should suffice. Edward, could you put that one in next to your foot."
Edward said, "I'm a lot shakier than I thought I would be at this point." as he walked the small stone over to the coffin.
Arcane said, "That's understandable. You were just resurrected from the dead like Jesus."
Edward said, "Oh. Did you resurrect Jesus too?"
Arcane looked carefully at Edward and then said, "No. We were his father, Joseph, the carpenter."
Edward said, "Whether you are sane or not that sounds pretty nuts."

Arcane said, "I'll accept that."

Edward said, "So. If I'm to live now how does that work?"

"Well. You will have many identities over the next few centuries."
Arcane said, "First, I want you to go to France. You speak French well. Yes."
Edward said, "Oui. Je suis Edward. Parlez-Vous Francais, Monsiour?"
Arcane said, "Oui. Je parle en peu"  (basically Edward said, "Yes. I am Edward. Do you speak French, Mister?" all in French) and Arcane said, "Yes. I speak a little." or literally "I speak in little".

Arcane smiled and said, "Don't you have an estate somewhere in France?"
Edward said, "Come to think of it. Yes. I do."
ARcane smiled again and said, "Then the philosopher's stone and you and I will take a ship from London to Calais, France today."
Edward turned pale all of a sudden and said, "I can't tell my family can I?"
Arcane said, "No. most of them cannot know. But I will make an exception of the Earl of Southampton, your biological son by Queen Elizabeth I. I know he would die for you rather than reveal your secret."
Edward said, "Are you sure?"
Arcane said, "Yes."
Edward got over himself and said, "I sometimes get seasick. Would it be okay for us to take a carriage to Dover and get a boat there so I don't have to be in a boat that long."

Arcane smiled a funny smile and said, "Why don't we instantly go there now?"
Edward said, "Is that possible?"
Arcane said, "I'm only doing this to show you that with me almost anything is possible. Stone, take us instantly to France to Edward's Estate."

Stone said, "There are guards presently at this estate and people who are caretakers living there. How will we proceed?"
Arcane said, "Alter their memories to think it is one year earlier, so prevent any messages of Edward's death from reaching there for a while until we devise a better plan."
The Philosopher's Stone said, "This creates many diverse time anomalies."
Arcane said, "I don't intend to leave time this way. I'm only really doing this so Edward's mind has time to heal from dying and being reborn and feeling like he is 20 once again. He's in shock.
The Stone said to Arcane's mind only through his Bio-Com, "I finally get it but what do I do with the messengers sent to make all aware of his death in France?"
Arcane thought about this and said, "Put them in temporary stasis within a few miles of France at sea. In this way they won't notice having been in stasis and only think it part of their voyage at sea."
Stone said, "They are seasick at present anyway so this will be about 95% successful."
ARcane said, "If you put a memory of drinking some hard liquor in their minds we will be a 100%."
Stone said, "Okay. This just seems a lot of trouble to do all this. Are you sure it is both worth it and authorized?"
ARcane said, "Stone. The short answer is 'Yes'".

note:
doing some historical fact checking the Third Earl of Southampton was not born until 1573 which would make Francis Bacon only 12 years old at the time which historically doesn't work. However, it could be   James Wriothesley, Lord Wriothesley (1605–1624). However, this doesn't work either because Francis Bacon died in 1626. However, it does work with:
  • Thomas Wriothesley, 4th Earl of Southampton, 2nd Earl of Chichester (1607–1667). However, that can't work because: Elizabeth I (7 September 1533 – 24 March 1603) as you can see Queen Elizabeth died in 1603, 4 years before he was born.
  • So, as you can see when you fact check there are always things that make you change things in order to make things work.
  • So, when Queen Elizabeth I would be within child bearing age we might say no older than 40 would be about right. So she would have had to had her last child by  1573 when she was exactly 40. But at her age 40 Francis Bacon was only 12. So she had to have had him when she was 28, about the same time my mother had me. But for them to have had a child "The Earl of Southampton" it would make more sense if Francis Bacon were at least 15 to 20 years of age. But it is true that if he was 17 then the queen would only have been 45 which is feasible for her to have had a child at that age even back then. But then the year would have been 1578. end note: The facts I found Birthdates and dates of death were all found at Wikipedia in English.
For the point of continuity I will continue as I was even though I haven't figured out how it could actually have been this way yet.

As they all arrived in a carriage at Edward's (Francis Bacon's Estate) near Paris the caretaker's of his Paris home and estate asked how he was feeling as the last they had heard he was about to die.
Edward said, "Well. The queen herself sent me her private physician, who is known to be the best in all of England and so I was miraculously healed."
The caretakers stared at him because to them this was a complete miracle. Along with Edward in the carriage was Arcane who went by another name on this day and in his pocket was the stone, the Philosopher's Stone. As the carriage drove away it started to fade out of existence about a mile or two away because the coach driver and the footmen were all androids conjured up for the illusion as well as the perfectly believable coach.

After a few weeks time, Arcane changed the illusion and made Edward now who looked younger each day, Edward's nearly identical nephew who was supposed to be 20 and sent to study in Europe and become better at conversational French. Arcane thought to call Edward now James. At first Edward got confused a lot being called James but then all the hired help were very confused also and often forgot and called "at least in their minds" James, Edward as well. So, it all evened out so they all were a little confused by all this. So by this time everyone knew Edward had died and so they were happy to have James live there in Paris and go to court on the family's behalf as well as to be an agent for King James I of England there in the French Court. It was here that Edward even before he became known as the Comte De Saint Germain gained his experience as an agent of England abroad. Later, he became an agent at different times both for England and for France and sometimes for the both of them at once over the next several hundred years.

You may ask why the Philosopher's Stone was employed to find Francis Bacon here on earth. You may ask why it chose him. However, I don't have those answers. Arcane, in some ways was a free agent when he did this. He had already proven himself for over 1000 years on earth from 1987 until 3000 AD keeping the peace so the civilizations on earth could continue even before he attempted to reach back in time for Francis Bacon. You may ask "How was this possible?" It seems that it had already all been accomplished even before he did it. Arcane asked one day to Meridian who was from over 1,000,000 years into the future how this all was possible?

Meridian said, "The one thing I know is that time is more like a circle, sort of like a giant wedding ring that never really begins or ends for any of us. If I couldn't answer you in this way it wouldn't make any sense to me either. "
Meridian went on, "I once heard Stephen Hawking describe time as like a string one winds around a ball or a tennis ball and the time space continuum being the place where the string meets the ball. Because of the meeting place of the string and the ball is going to be slightly different every time, time appears to be a little different all the time. For example, the weather changes, people get older, trees fall down or grow up. Seasons change and so does everything else slowly. So, in this way everything appears to be changing whereas what  really is happening is only about where that string is touching the ball or tennis ball as it winds around and around, possibly forever."
 

    No comments: