Wednesday, September 24, 2014

70 Degrees Fahrenheit at 11 pm?

Now I really do think I'm in Hawaii because this is the only place I've been (except Thailand in December where 70 plus degrees in the middle of the night is normal. Of course there are exceptions to this like when I grew up in Los Angeles County in the 1950s and living in the desert in Yucca Valley up on the high desert and of course when my son lived in Palm Springs and it would be 100 degrees Fahrenheit at (The River)(which is a mall where all the teenagers and college students hang out on weekends) at midnight or 1 AM and then 120 degrees Fahrenheit plus during the day.

However, now where I live here on the northern California ocean I don't think I remember experiencing anything like this for the last 20 years or so where it was this hot this time of day. Even if it gets 85 or 90 (it hasn't done this yet this year) (at least while I was here) this summer or fall so far. In fact, the highest daytime temperature this year I can remember has been 78 degrees Fahrenheit which is also very strange.  Whenever it got that hot the fog came in and cooled it down to 70 or below this year. (at least during the daytime). However, now a tropical storm is going overhead (no rain yet here) so this is likely part of the Pineapple express from Hawaii. However, my friend in Mt. Shasta says it's supposed to rain at least 3 inches there today and tomorrow.

No comments: