Top 10 Posts This Month

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The problem with artificial sweeteners

Science Friday on artificial sweeteners

My friend  in Mt. Shasta was telling me tonight about this article so I looked it up. He said, "50 percent of the people on earth are seriously harmed by eating artificial sweeteners".  I said that I had tried them and had always hated them because they tasted so bad and artificial. He said that was good because if they tasted bad to me I am one of the 50 percent that won't be harmed by them. However, to people that they taste good to they appear to do a lot of harm. He said that Artificial sweeteners are 1000 times worse for these people than eating sugar because they harm the bodies ability to metabolize sugar.

  1. Not-So-Sweet Side Effects of Artificial Sweeteners - Science ...

    www.sciencefriday.com/.../not-so-sweet-side-effects-of-art...
    Science Friday
    Jul 12, 2013 - Artificial sweeteners may negatively affect how the body metabolizes sweet foods.
  2. Artificial Sweeteners Might Sour Your Microbiome - Science ...

    www.sciencefriday.com/.../artificial-sweeteners-might-sou...
    Science Friday
    7 days ago - Researchers say artificial sweeteners may alter the microbiome and the body's ability to control glucose levels.
  3. Science Friday

    www.sciencefriday.com/
    Science Friday
    ... Sweeteners Might Sour Your Microbiome. Researchers say artificial sweeteners may alter the microbiome and the body's ability to control glucose levels.

No comments: