Saturday, July 23, 2016

The importance of Logical Rational Thinking

If instead of being logical and rational you just believe (without evidence) everything everyone tells you you likely won't live very long and might not even live to see 20 or 30 years of age.

Everyone I know who has made it to 50 or 60 years of age or more has to be very practical or they fall by the wayside all along the way (or they have someone who is logical and rational) who takes care of them. There really aren't any or many exceptions to this I find.

So, the importance of being logical and rational is actually survival itself.

As a young man I was a dreamer and visionary. I'm still the visionary I always was but I am much less a dreamer in this sense because if you don't take care of your physical body and mind then you are dead often soon after (unless someone else is physically taking care of you in all ways).

So, the importance of learning to be rational and logical and learning to be a "Critical Thinker" college style is often whether you are a success or not or whether you fail or just die young.

I think this cannot be impressed enough on most young people. So, I think it is important to encourage people (even in religious studies) to not just believe anything but to be critical of everything and to be a person that says, "I'll believe it when I see it". Otherwise people's lives are often very short indeed.

By the Grace of God

No comments: