Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Back in Portland

Flew back to Portland from North Carolina yesterday got here just after midnight and then my daughter drove one of the retreatants from North Carolina to her home in Portland before we returned to her place where my other daughter was waiting.

I felt sort of burnt out because we have been away from home now for 2 or 3 weeks already and I think I find I sort of start fading out traveling more than 2 to 3 weeks all over the place. We had considered going up to Victoria BC Canada but we both are just too tired at this point and both my daughters now have to get ready for the University starting rather than go with us if we went now. So, heading south to Ashland and Mt. Shasta is coming up within a few days to a week I guess. Though it's nice to be mostly retired we still own a business and two dogs and have various properties we own to watch out for and our House sitter wants to go visit her daughter who is in college in Salem so we need to get back to spell her so she can go sooner or later.

So, it's been an amazing spring and summer of many many changes happening both in our families moving various places, going to Santa Barbara to look at our new home we are responsible for and various other things with our daughters. My son is supposed to come back from over seas with his family by December so we probably need to start planning how that is all going to go too. So, it is a very eventful year on multiple levels for us.

No comments: