Friday, January 18, 2019

All religions including Science have part of the truth

Yes. I consider Science to be a religion too.

All religions and science have portions of the truth. But none of them have all of the truth. So, because of this "God is where you find Him, Her, The Being" in reality.

Do I worship one religion?

For me, "God is where I find Him, Her, The Being" because at core I am a mystic like my valedictorian father and my mother.

"If an ant is your Guru feed him".

So, truth therefore is where you find it. So, I find truth in religion, from people spontaneously, from science when it can be usefully demonstrated and from every moment of experience and every thought I think.

There is no place in the universe where God is not.

Therefore God is everywhere in each and every moment if you look for God always.

And then God led me to study Tibetan Buddhism starting around 1980 which took me towards Non-dualism.

The best way to understand non-dualism is to think about the weather.

Is rain good or bad? Is snow good or bad? Is Drought good or bad? is any weather at all good or bad?

That's right it completely depends upon who is experiencing this in that moment's experience whether something is presently good or bad for them in this very moment.

This is a good way to understand non-dualism.

Here's a story I heard in a movie from a CIA agent: There was a boy who won a contest and was given a horse in a village in Asia. Everyone said that this was a lucky boy. The Zen master said, "We'll see." Then the boy fell off the horse he won and broke his leg and everyone said" Oh, this is awful. The Zen Master said, "We'll see". Then all the boys in the village were conscripted and sent to war and the villagers said, "Oh. The boy is so lucky he broke his leg so he didn't have to go to war!" The Zen master said, "We'll see." And so on. This is a story about non-dualism.

No comments: