Probably both at the same time.
In the same way that the Internet is one of the best and worst things ever to happen to humanity, artificial intelligence (which also resides now in the internet in many unseen forms) is also the best and the worst thing to ever happen to humanity as well.
Elon Musk, Bill Gates and others like myself see Artificial Intelligence as something the human race might not survive. Will humans be slaves to artificial intelligence?
There are arguments to be made that say we are already slaves to artificial intelligence through our smartphones and video games and other electronic programming already to some degree.
In this sense artificial intelligence is an insidious thing for mankind. But at the same time might also be the most helpful thing mankind has ever seen too.
It's not what artificial intelligence can do for you, it's how you allow it to affect your lives on a daily basis that will decide whether you become enslaved to it or not permanently or temporarily.
As long as you are the controller and self disciplined it might be useful in some ways to you. However, most of humanity likely will be enslaved by it in a variety of ways without even understanding what is really happening to them (until it is too late). And maybe not even then.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Python (programming language) - Wikipedia
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Globalization may soon cease to exist
- The Skunkworks and the Lockheed SR-71
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Celebrating the International Day of Forests
- Wikipedia on Mt. Shasta
- Drove south to Northern California coast yesterday
- Pelosi wants to "Lock Trump Up"