Saturday, January 5, 2019

I was raised a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian from Birth in 1948

Even for Los Angeles when I was 6 when we moved there from Seattle by way of 2 years in San Diego, being even a lacto-ovo vegetarian (which is more like an East Indian Vegetarian by the way) was pretty strange to people until the mid 1960s when almost any new fad was being tried then by people in Los Angeles. And eventually some of these ideas spread from Los Angeles and San Francisco all over the world starting mostly from college campuses in California and all their friends worldwide.

But, there is something about drinking whole organic milk and eating yogurt and Kefir that I haven't been able to give up. So, I have never totally made it into the realm of being a vegan vegetarian. But, there are many cautionary tales I have from growing up a Lacto-ovo vegetarian like: according to almost everyone someone with Type O blood (caveman blood) like myself should never be a vegetarian even though many other blood types might do better as a vegetarian. So, when I learned this I sort of realized that Type O blood really isn't the best blood type to be a vegetarian even though my father and I were both Type O. (cavemen).

So, the good thing about type O (the most ancient human blood type) is that you have usually an incredible immune system to begin with. So, you tend to survive almost anything. The disadvantage appears to be that being a complete vegetarian might shorten your life somewhat.

My point of view at age 32 because I was sort of a survivalist as a hobby in the early 1980s. (not in regard to guns but believing that the Viet Nam War had bankrupted our nation and it would economically collapse soon in 1980. However, I was wrong. Why? Because all the nations we had loaned money to after world war II were now successful and they loaned us money and that kept the U.S. afloat through the 1980s even though the Viet Nam war had completely bankrupted the U.S. before that.

The point of this article is just that giving up milk products and egg products is much much harder than you might realize. So, if you cannot make it as a vegan, then try to be a lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Here is one of the advantages: When I was diagnosed with a heart virus in 1999 at age 51, when I went to STandford Medical near Stanford University in California for an angiogram in Fall 1998 they had never ever seen a 50 year old with as clear arteries and veins. they said my veins and arteries were as clear as young children with no blockages at all. So, if you want to NOT have a heart bypass operation, you might think about either being a lacto-ovo vegetarian or a vegan vegetarian just to stay alive for your children and grandchildren.

No comments: