Saturday, January 5, 2019

What IS Cheese?

It is a palatable form of mold that people discovered could preserve milk so people might have more food to eat in the winters before there was refrigeration.

Cheese originally was a way of preserving milk for later use. To a lesser degree Yoghurt, or yogurt is a more temporary way of preserving milk so you can eat it at a later date too.

However, the problem with cheese is that it can be very constipating especially if you are over 40 or 50, so many if not most people tend to start giving up cheese (if they want to not have intestinal problems) starting about 40 or 50 years of age. I myself gave up cheese the month of December 2018 after having some problems related to my hernia caused by a laparoscopic Burst appendix operation. And I'm still trying to keep any cheese I eat to a minimum even now in January.

For example, I LOVE Grilled cheese sandwiches, especially on Sourdough Bread which is common in Northern California. However, doing this with a hernia that where sometimes my intestines are beyond my stomach muscles is slightly (or very suicidal). So, do I want to stay alive or not for my children, my wife and my friends? As you grow older many of the things you love (creature comforts) you either have to give up one by one (or you are soon dead).

IF you talk to people 70,80 or 90, ask them all the things that they had to give up to live as long as they have.

No comments: