Sunday, July 14, 2019

A New Set of Tires

Tuesday morning, the day we had decided to limp home on tires I was no longer sure of I had a vision or dream of the "Grim Reaper". This showed me that I shouldn't drive on these tires home to the greater SF Bay Area from Mt. Shasta that day. I told my wife of my concerns and she agreed with me we should order a set of tires even though it might be 100 dollars more to do this because after all our lives were worth more than 100 dollars.

So, we waited while tires were ordered and they arrived late Wednesday but too late to put them on that day. So, early Thursday they were put on and we got on the road to SF by Noon Thursday because driving on Friday (any time) long distance I have basically stopped doing mostly because I'm retired and can choose when to drive and not to drive my cars or truck. The point is that driving long distance (At any time) on Fridays should be avoided if possible

So, as we drove south at noon Thursday we felt safe on these new tires. The other thing I noticed was that even with a new front end alignment I noticed the truck was still pulling a little to the left. But, with this new set of tires it was now heading true and not pulling any direction. So, I was grateful to change tires for this reason even though to make sure it stays this way I likely will realign the front end to keep this set of tires true moving forward.

As I mentioned in another blog article I prefer to have All Weather Michelin Tires because they tend to be safer than any other tire I know of and they also tend to last longer and to be made better than any other tire I'm presently aware of too. But, they are also more expensive but you are paying for safety and a very long lasting tire. I choose All weather tires because I can use them for off roading on 4 wheel drive roads as well as riding up and down interstate 5 from San Diego to Portland or even Seattle or wherever I might drive. So, the point is buying Michelin tires is about safety and a very long lived tire mileage wise and I also find them to be a Truer Tire as well in that at high speed they tend to be truer and safer in this way too.

No comments: