Saturday, September 14, 2019

Learn to have Compassion for yourself

Why?

As we learn compassion for ourselves we begin to be a gift to all mankind as we take this compassion for ourselves and begin to share this compassion with others as well.

Often parents or people who pretend to be our parents tend to torture us like they were once tortured by their guardians and parents. So, we must break the cycle of torture of ourselves and our children if we can.

How to you learn to have compassion for yourself?

Small acts of kindness help a lot. If you want to go to a good movie with a friend or a significant other do that if you can. Small acts of kindness towards yourself or others go a long way to making us happier healthier people.

If meditating makes you happy then set up a spot to meditate where you live even if it is a small space inside your closet where you can go to your "happy Place" in your mind and heart.

If you want to go to the wilderness because that makes you happy and peaceful find a way to do that too.

For example, as a young man my parents on Saturdays often took me to a place called the Silver Moccasin Trail near Mt. Waterman in the Angeles National forest above Los Angeles at around 7000 feet in altitude or so. This experience helped me a lot because being raised in a big city didn't make me happy and mostly confused me a lot. So, these times with my parents hiking to twin peaks nearby when there wasn't too much snow to do this brought me a great deal of peace in my life. So, as a young adult I realized I loved Yosemite National Park and Mt. Shasta and the surrounding area too. I also realized I never wanted to live in any big city ever again by age 21. But, creating this outcome was very hard and it took me to about age 26 to first move to Mt. Shasta with my first wife and baby.

By 1985 I realized my son from my first marriage and my two step children from my 2nd marriage needed to move closer to San Francisco once again as they had been home schooled for about 5 years from 1980 to 1985 so we moved to the coast and bought a business so they could go to school near the ocean once again.

At this point I was having compassion for my children because the oldest wanted to return to school form home schooling at age 12. The other two were happy home schooling more. But, the oldest needed this change and so we changed our lives. As a result all three children have graduated college and are married with careers.

So, learning to have compassion for myself (I didn't want to live in a big city anymore) I eventually could have compassion for our children to be where it would be easier to graduate high school and go to college and have a good career as well.

So, learning to have compassion for yourself also can transfer to having compassion for your children in helping them set up better lives and college educations and careers as well in the future too.

By God's Grace

No comments: