Saturday, September 14, 2019

Necessity is the mother of invention

In other words: "People don't change until they are forced to by circumstances usually beyond their control."

I look at my own life and at every point where I was going through something difficult, often I was forced by life circumstances to change and often I was very very angry because I was forced to make these changes.

But, also being an intelligent person and a natural survivor I would often apply myself to engineering a useful solution once I got over my initial anger. I was always taught to look for efficiency in everything in life.

And this is a habit I have maintained since I first discovered about being this way from my Swiss father. This particular heritage insists on efficiency in everything and so as a child I adopted this "efficiency" point of view and applied it to religion, relationships, etc.

The problem at this point in my life in my early 70s is that you can be so efficient that there is literally nothing left for you to do which can be a problem in itself. But, then if I apply efficiency to "having fun" and "Traveling" and visiting friends and relatives then this is good too.

No comments: