Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Is it more important to believe in God or in Compassion?

I think both are important but part of the reason I believe this is when and where I was born on earth.

For example, I was born in Seattle Washington before 1950 just after world War II. My parents had had to survive the Great Depression and world war II and were born in 1916 (my father) and 1919 (my mother). So, all this is important to understand what my belief system became.

But, I have also met people while I was traveling in Asia who were Tibetan Buddhists especially who did not believe in God (at least in the way we would interpret as Christians what that meant). But, in many ways I found them much more devout than most Christians I have met in the U.S. in their beliefs. Many or most Christians would not stake their lives on their belief systems unless they were ministers or priests and sometimes not even then. But, I found Tibetan Buddhists risked their lives often every day just to be allowed to believe what they believe and many have died and are still dying trying to live their beliefs especially in Tibet and China that are still Tibetan Buddhists today.

So, is it more important to believe in God or compassion?

I think both are equally important in order to be a good Christian or a good human being. But, many have different opinions on the subject than I do.

The most important thing I would say is that people believe in consequences to their every thought, word and spoken deed. I think this might be the best way to say this. Every harm you do will come back to you and every good deed you do will come back to you, sooner or later.

This is my everyday experience.

And if your deeds and actions are too harmful to others likely they might kill you or worse.

So, first understand that there are consequences for everything you think, say or do in life.

Then think on what is practical to think, say or do if God is listening to every thing you think say, or do.

Otherwise, whether you believe in God or Buddha or nothing people will seek revenge against you if you harm them through ignorance or stupidity or cruelty.

It's important to realize that there are consequences for everything.

As an intuitive this is very easy for me to see because I experience everything as communicating with me whether it be air or water or land or trees or plants or people or even people's bodies. No one can lie to you if you are intuitive enough and get away with this.

This is one reason why I believe in developing one's instincts and intuitions for long term survival here on earth.

What goes around comes around. Whatever you do to others they will also do to you sooner or later.

So, be really careful what you do or think in life because it all comes back sooner or later back upon you both good and bad and everything in between.

So, it's sort of like in Santa Claus is coming to town . (the song):

"So be good for goodness Sake!"

By God's Grace

No comments: