Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The snow video before this article

What often happens if you watched the video is that let's say you are already driving to the limit of your ability in snow. Then you see a person or persons you don't want to hit but because you are already driving in 4 wheel drive to the limit of your ability the slightest change in throttle or braking or steering can do something like this. This is why you don't want to be driving at the limit of your ability in snow ever because things like this can happen.

For example, I was driving down years ago in the mid 1980s in a 1960 Volvo which I had bought because my 1982 GMC Window van couldn't make it up Mt. Shasta on a snowy road without chains which made the van too dangerous to drive from my point of view. So, I bought an old 1960 Volvo with snow tires that didn't even have a starter that worked so I could go skiing back in the mid 1980s. I had to park it on a slope so I could start it even in 2nd gear without a starter. But, it was absolutely great in the snow. However, after skiing cross country up at Bunny Flat I was find down past the first road to upper Sand Flats but then I hit ice and did a 360 where my car was lodged into a snow bank on a right turn. I was really scared because someone going down was going to hit my car for sure. So, I was really scared someone was going to die because I couldn't dislodge the car by myself. IN other words my car was facing uphill because it had entirely spun around on the right bank in the snow of the road.

However, right about then a carload of 6 or 8 snowboarders came by and saw how dangerous this was and picked up my car off the ground and carried it to the road and I was on my way after thanking them for saving people's lives. They saw how dangerous this could be too. I was never so grateful to see all those young strong snowboarders who likely saved one or more people's lives that day!

By God's Grace

No comments: