Saturday, June 27, 2020

Armour Thyroid

Though every sufferer of hypothyroidism has a different choice it seems, my physical trainer who was trained as a Physician's assistant in Germany before coming to the U.S. diagnosed my hypothyroidism because I had the same symptoms she had before she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Her choice was Armour Thyroid and so it became my choice too.

If you are a vegetarian you might have a problem with this because Armour thyroid is from pig thyroids.

My experience with this though because pigs are very very similar to humans biologically was to go from being depressed to feeling like I was 20 years old mentally once again. I felt and feel wonderful and became more playful and happy in my life like I was in my 20s and 30s once again.

So, literally I was reborn taking armour thyroid in 2006 and this completely changed my life in a good way. Now, I'm 72 and still going strong.

By God's Grace

For me, I take armour thyroid when I first wake up and set a 50 minute timer on my phone for it to go into my system before I take any other medicine or eat anything. So, the later you wake up the longer it is before you can eat breakfast. But, I find if I do anything else it can ruin my whole day because not getting Armour thyroid really screws you up if you don't get the right amount first thing in the morning. You aren't going to die but you aren't going to be useful to yourself or anyone else really that day without your armour thyroid. (If you have hypothyroidism).

There are NO side effects whatsoever to Armour thyroid (at least that is true for me). Everything about it is positive in my life so far. It was invented in the 1940s I believe during World War II or around then.

The hardest thing about going on Armour thyroid or any Thyroid replacement is getting on the right dose.

If you get too much it is a problem because if you ever had too many cups of coffee and couldn't sleep for a day or two because of it that's what can happen. So, getting too much or too little is the problem. (more problem from too much because most people are used to none at all while being undiagnosed).

So, finding the right dose is sort of a trial and error thing but your doctor can usually help you with this with a T3 and T4 blood test which diagnoses your condition of hypothyroidism if this is your problem.


No comments: