Sunday, June 28, 2020

Herd Immunity

Herd Immunity was all most people had until vaccines were developed mostly during the 1900s.

My parents didn't believe in any vaccinations so I didn't get any vaccinations as a child and then this was respected by state and local Governments And I was also allowed to go to public school as well even though I never had a vaccination in my life. So, I literally survived by herd immunity which is similar to people in the 1800s and before. Because of this I have a much stronger immune system than anyone who has had vaccinations. But, there is a downside to this kind of immune system because my body completely functions differently than people who have had vaccinations.

For example, when my appendix burst the hospital could not define what had happened to me because I had no elevated level of white cells or a fever which is what they look for among vaccinated people. Also, since then I learned that you still have a 50-50 chance of survival even if you have no operation going back thousands of years and my best friend's father had a burst appendix and just waited a couple of weeks until his body ate it up and dealt with it. Even when a week later after believing I was going to die for a week when they finally diagnosed my problem with a C-Scan when they finally did a laparoscopic operation they said my body had already built a pus pocket around it and had already eaten up the appendix itself. So, it is possible I would have survived without the hernia they gave me by operating on me laparoscopically that I now have to live with for life because of my age of 72.

So, because of all this I can speak to herd immunity some because that is how I survived my life until I had a tetanus shot at age 15 because an old dog on a job I worked on with my Dad as an electrician bit my hand that was blind. So, my first shot was at age 15 because it was the law.

My 2nd set of shots took place when I was 37 years old and was going to India, Nepal, Thailand and Japan. I got a polio shot and a shot for cholera and took medicine for Malaria while I was in India and Thailand especially where it is prevalent.

So, basically I didn't have any shots (regular ones) until I was 37 years old and only then because I had to to travel to Asia safely.

However, I believe with coronavirus you have to have 45% of people to get the vaccination in order to create herd immunity through this process. But, like Dr. Fauci says this isn't likely to happen worldwide because you cannot force people to get shots they don't want.

So, this likely means people are going to be dying from coronavirus some places on earth for at least 7 to 10 years if not always sort of like how people die from the flu worldwide all the time. It's one reason why I now at my age tend to get a flu shot every fall to avoid this problem. So, likely once it has been proven safe by enough people getting the coronavirus shot I likely will get one too and get one every year if I have to stay alive through all of this mess worldwide.

No comments: