Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Drove to Mt. Shasta through the smoke of the Glass and Zogg fires: It's very smoky in Mt. Shasta from the Zogg fire right now.

 My friends in Mt. Shasta told me that it had been clear for the past 5 days until the day I was to arrive here. They wanted to warn me not to come today but had a business meeting for an hour they couldn't get out of to call me. But, I think my coming was meant to be because so much has been going on in my life and my wife's life that if I hadn't left today I wouldn't have been able to come north this week. One couple I knew rented me their house for the month because they are out of town on the east coast. So, since it is much less expensive to rent there house here in Mt. Shasta than even stay in a hotel up here that is nice for even a week I decided to rent it for at least October with the option to rent November and December too if I wanted or needed to.

I'm trying not to stay in any hotel anywhere or fly in any plane anywhere until I feel safe enough to do that which might be as early as November 2021 or March of 2022. We'll have to take it one day at a time it looks like the way the world presently is. 

There are surprises every single day and moment it seems like just like during World War II, The Korean War and the Viet Nam War especially. I can remember all the way back to 1950 so there have been a whole lot of crises for the U.S. to endure but none as serious as coronavirus, Trump and Global Climate change which are all reducing the population of earth pretty quickly now.

It's really difficult to watch sort of like the Debates tonight. After Driving all day to get here to Shasta I knew I would be just too tired to deal with all that (at least at this time).

If you are driving through Heavy smoke like I did today, if you want to protect your lungs from harm you turn on your air conditioner, close all your windows and put your air on recirculate so the filters in your vehicle filter out all the smoke from what you are breathing. Then if you don't feel you are getting enough oxygen to drive at some point (especially when you are going to altitude), open your windows and let some smoky air in for a minute and then close your windows tight again so you get enough oxygen while your vehicle filters the smoke out of that air too so it is easier for you to breathe.

No comments: