Monday, September 28, 2020

I walked into the bathroom and smelled smoke this morning

 I thought a window might be open so I went to the living room to look for an open screened widow up high. I knew I had closed the sliding glass door to the bedroom in the early hours while it was still dark. I told my wife about the smoke in one of the bathrooms and she said it wasn't smoky outside. So, I realized the smoke must have come in during the night into the bathroom through the sliding glass door because outside the smoke had gone somewhere else.

This is the first smoke we have dealt with here on the northern California coast. However, we have friends in Santa Rosa that said it is very smoky there likely from the Glass fire now burning 25 miles east of Santa Rosa with the prevailing wind (at least yesterday) moving out to sea all the way from the Glass fire.

A New fire called the Zogg fire started yesterday near Redding. Because of what happened to both Redding and Paradise a couple of years ago people are very worried there right now.

Wow!

Overnight Glass fire burned almost all the way to Santa Rosa. Scary!

Take a look for yourselves: https://www.latimes.com/wildfires-map/?fire=glass

That means it has traveled almost all the 25 miles to Santa Rosa in one night! Those must have been some scary winds for residents and firefighters!

No comments: