Saturday, September 26, 2020

Trump is Suiciding our Democracy

When I hear the latest thing Trump has said I can see how many thousands to millions of his blind followers are going to die the next few months from Coronavirus and from other causes.

On one level I have sympathy for them because I grew up around people as paranoid and dysfunctional as they are in the 1950s, where almost everyone was paranoid and would think nothing of killing anyone unusual or different in any way and burying them in their back yard anywhere in the U.S.

This was just normal life in the 1950s where you got rid of anyone different than yourself. If you weren't white you could expect almost anything to happen to you along the way and not receive justice in your lifetime.

So, I have seen just how bad things used to be in the U.S. in the 1950s. And Trump seems to want to take us back there to those times where the only people who had rights were white males of any age.

Though this was my life too I and I'm grateful for the white privilege it brought me still I saw the suffering in all women no matter what ethnic group they were in. I also saw the suffering of White Males of every age because they were enslaving literally everyone else too.

So, even as a child becoming a man I saw that the 1950s were pretty crazy. maybe not as crazy as world War II and the great Depression were but still crazy.

I didn't really have hope for this world until Kennedy became president and then he was assassinated along eventually with his brother and Martin Luther King and others.

So, it's been a long road to get out of the 1950s where people were regularly being killed and buried in back yards all over America just for being themselves.

Trump is like going Back to the suicidal nature of life in the 1950s once again. It's horrific that we are back to that insanity that didn't work then either.

If it were not for my generation of the 1960s and 1970s earth would have nuked out completely and been gone already now.

Now we must survive Trump and the Coronavirus and Global Climate change. It is my hope that at least Some of us will survive these three insane and self destructive things. 

No comments: