Friday, January 29, 2021

Frank Herbert who wrote Dune lived in Carmel Valley, California when he was alive

 There is the first book Dune but there are also many sequels as well. I think as a young man before the movie came out I read about 3 of them before the level of detail about it all sort of got to me and I stopped reading anymore. However, I think my son read all of them or almost all of them. Frank Herbert weaves a very detailed story which is fairly unique among Science fiction authors. He is especially interested in the details of history regarding all the planets that he is writing about.

Here is a list I found online of the order of the books:

What order should you read the Dune books?
Chronological Order of Dune Books
  • The Butlerian Jihad.
  • The Machine Crusade.
  • The Battle of Corrin.
  • Sisterhood of Dune.
  • Mentats of Dune.
  • Navigators of Dune.
  • House Atreides.
  • House Harkonnen.

No comments: