Monday, January 25, 2021

If you look at my links page you can see how HTML and computer languages in General are sort of an exact science

In other words if you misplace (for any reason) a letter or symbol of code things aren't going to be perfect. If you look at my links page you see a back slash and little bits of code that printed themselves as a part of the link at times or you might see a link that isn't working at all or properly. There's always some reason for this because computer code is generally very mathematical and formulaic. So, if I accidentally change any code (even one letter or symbol) it has mathematical and sometimes formulaic consequences some of which you can see on my links page. I don't claim to be an expert in HTML programming. I taught myself the basics in 1995 because I had already mastered Cobol, Fortran and Basic languages and had taught Basic Language to my older children for use with MS-DOS on our first AT IBM Clone computer in the late 1980s. I also taught them how to program in the Basic Language on my TRS-80 from Radio Shack that i bought for 800 dollars in 1978 so they could program their own games on the TRS-80 computer. Most of them if not all of them are very very proficient in programming various computer languages and one even builds his own custom computers for video gaming in his spare time and is teaching his 6 year old son (my grandson)  about all this now too.

No comments: