Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Application "Notes" if you have it on your laptop or computer

 My wife has a copy of "Word" for Macs on her big IMAC on my desk across from her desk but I don't have Word on my Laptop because I only mostly use my laptop for research or blogging mostly. So, when I wanted to type a belated Christmas letter to a friend on the east coast I decided to type it in "Notes". However, the problem with doing this was that when I wanted to print it out I couldn't enlarge the type. So, just remember this if you want to type something out maybe it's better to start in Word rather than starting in "Notes". However, that being said I found that I really liked the automatic spell checker in notes that anticipated whatever words I was writing. So, even if I mis-spelled something or had a typing error of some kind it notified me immediately that something was wrong or it corrected it on the spot which was really nice.

The spell checkers on Texting on smartphones is the opposite where they are always putting down something you were not writing in the first place. I'm hearing that most people lately who know how to turn off the spell check on their smartphones are mostly just turning off this feature because it works so badly.

No comments: