Thursday, January 28, 2021

The Dividing of the Way

What I mean by this is we are all tested by Life and God at every step we take in life. And some of us survive this testing and many do not.

I have watched friend after friend die or go crazy from the things that life brought them along the way. I didn't when I was young consider myself to be all that strong. But, in the end, I'm here and so very many are gone. 

I think the combination of having a very intuitive and common sensical mother and a valedictorian very scientific father was really helpful in making me both very intuitively spiritual and yet also very scientific, logical and reasonable at the same time.

Some people might say this is a paradox.

However, I see all of life as a paradox we must embrace or die trying to embrace the paradox.

Embracing the paradox of life is one of  the many reasons I'm still alive at age 72 and why many of my friends (most of them) are already dead.

It's about making the best choices you can make along the way.

One of my best friends from when I was 6 years old died in 2006. But, he also before he died told me: "If you don't marry this woman I will!" which gave me the impetus to marry my present wife of 25 years (we were married at the Chapel in Yosemite national park 25 years ago now.).

So, before he died he gave me really good advice. Life hadn't been as kind to him as life was to me. But, like I said, "Sometimes, the most awful things that happen to you when you are young give you the strength to survive almost anything later in your lives!"

So, having whooping cough at 2 and meeting the angels and then having blunt trauma child hood epilepsy caused by a blow to the head which ended at age 15 then leaving my childhood church at 21 and divorcing as a single father at 29 and all the other things that I thought of as bad at the time also allowed me the strength to still be alive here at 72 years of age.

What you go through that is awful in your childhood and throughout your life often makes you strong enough to live to old age too and still be sane and happy!

So, Take heart! Your most awful things that happen to you often lead to a happy long life too!

By God's Grace


No comments: