Saturday, March 13, 2021

Bret and Silver are both Homeschooled

 In my own life I went to public school all my life until my last year of high school. I always hated school because in public school you have to deal with insane violent people a lot (at least you did when I went to school in the 1950s in Glendale, California).

In 1980 my wife then and I put our older children in Oak Meadow school and moved further out into the country with them on 2 1/2 acres we bought and built an A-Frame home on there. So, I have about 5 years experience with home schooling my older children. Then my one of my daughters mostly was home schooled who is younger than the older three from around age 5 through the beginning of High school. I have raised around 5 children now and on top of this my present wife and I adopted a girl who was in high school so we are her step parents too who is now married with a child and around 35 years old at present. Only 3 of my kids have high school diplomas and three have GEDs but two of these have College degrees. So, most of them either have college degrees now (one or more) or they are still in college or they will return to college soon.

My philosophy always has included a life long college education wherever possible for myself and my children. We live in an amazing country where college is possible throughout your life but that isn't true of most countries on earth.

Home schooling can be really good for some kids who are more self directed. But, generally speaking a private school or home schooling is almost ALWAYS better for the child than going to a public school. This is my thought after living 72 years here on earth.

This is my thought after completely or partially raising now many children starting in 1974 with the birth of my son. I have step children, adopted children and biological children that I have been raising from 1974 on to around 2014 when the last one graduated from a private High school.

So, in writing about Bret and Silver I'm trying to impart alternate ways of educating children through their direct interests and experiences in life. I'm advocating creating more self directed entrepreneurial children who can better fend for themselves and do not have a slave mentality like many children do from being abused in public schools all over.

No comments: