Saturday, August 28, 2021

82 where I live on the coast today: It was sunny from the time I got up

 This is actually pretty normal for this time of year when finally the fog (high and low) decides to melt away (even though this year we have been having high and low fog since about April through now the end of August (which is really weird) because of global Climate change. We used to call this the "June Glooms" because it did this every June. But now it is doing it from April to almost September 1st. This is ridiculous! But, I suppose it's better than cooking all summer in 100 degree or more weather like California 20 or more miles inland from the coast.

Where I live if you get 90 degrees that's a really hot day because mostly people don't have air conditioning at all here on the coast where I live. In fact, I was wondering if I should buy a portable (on wheels) air conditioner for my living room if it gets really hot the next month or two. We will see because it only gets maybe 85 or 90 for one day usually if that before that just sucks the fog in off the ocean again (even this time of year).

A few years ago I realized Climate change was going to make Portland, Oregon cook in summers like it has and bought all three of my children ( who all lived there then) portable air conditioners for when it got really hot there. Because most people still don't have air conditioning from about Oregon north on into Canada which is why so many people die when they get 115 degrees or more places like Portland and north of there now.

No comments: