Sunday, December 5, 2021

Humans are naturally creating global Dimming all by themselves whether anyone wants them to or not

 What is Global Dimming? It's caused by things like smoke and fog and smog in the air worldwide. So, just by burning things people are causing global dimming which also reduces temperatures just by occluding the sun more and more, especially places like China, and South Korea (from smog from China) and places like Iran, for example, or anywhere else they burn things like Coal. 

This then causes people to wear masks a lot in Asia and anywhere they burn fires or coal a lot. Because they don't want to go tot he hospital from breathing bad air. Air purifiers are a necessity in places like Seoul, and South Korea which I noticed when my son was working there for 5 years. I now have two air purifiers one in my living room (an Austin Air purifier) made in the U.S. and then in two bedrooms we have Winix Air purifiers made in South Korea that I was introduced to by my son while I visited South Korea twice in the 5 years he was there working. The winix Air purifiers work great but you have to change at least one of filters every 2 months and clean the permanent one (I run my shower through it backwards which seems the most efficient through the permanent nylon filter screen). But, be sure you know what you are doing. Or, the American made Austin you only have to change the filter once every 5 years or so IF you aren't in major smog or pollen or forest fires, for example.

Yes. ON one level this creates more CO2 in the atmosphere people burning coal and other stuff to cook and get warm and to burn slash from growing things. However, it also reduces the sun from 4% to 20% all over the planet. My question would be: "Does all this reduce temperatures by 4% to 20% also? I don't have data personally regarding this so it is an interesting question because everything you burn affects likely ALL WEATHER ON EARTH to some degree as the prevailing winds circle the earth.

However, I'm glad I live in a place where we mostly don't get smoke or smog and the air is usually clear (unless it is foggy or cloudy) near San Francisco with the prevailing winds off the ocean which travel through 6000 miles of ocean to get to San Francisco and usually have been washed by the rain and oceans a lot. So, at least here  we have occlusion and temperature reduction from fog and clouds a lot of the year and cool breezes off the ocean most of the year.

So, mostly temperatures are reduced where I live by Fog and clouds the most so temperatures stay below 75 or 85 most of the year. In fact the average daytime high is around 60 degrees I believe year around and the average night time  low temperature likely would be between 50 and 55 degrees. And like I said above smoke and smog we usually don't have here at all or not very much because of the prevailing winds off the ocean which scrubs the air a lot so it is pretty clean when it gets her to California from Asia across 6000 miles of ocean water and rain and storms and the like.

No comments: