Wednesday, February 23, 2022

We are in uncharted territory now

 I was trying to compare this to 9-11. 9-11 is nothing compared to what we are witnessing now in Ukraine in it's implications for the whole rest of this century.

I think if you wanted to think about this more realistically it would be like Archduke Ferdinand being assassinated and starting world War I. I think Putin invading Ukraine is something like this.

By the way someone recently said that the 77 years of relative peace in Europe since the end of World War II  has been the most peaceful time in Europe since likely EVER. So, what Putin is now doing has already been done by at the very least Napoleon, Hitler and possibly Stalin in Europe and if you want to go back even further, you might say that Alexander the Great was doing this in North Africa all the way to Afghanistan? I believe.

begin quote:

Explanation: Alexander's Empire went from Greece, all the way up to Pakistan. The reason why he stopped at the outskirts of India though, is because his army was already waning, they wanted to return to their families after all this conquering.Feb 17, 2017
So, Putin is pretty much just like Napoleon and Hitler and maybe Alexander the Great in what he is doing now. 

However, I haven't seen anything like this in my own lifetime and I was born around 1950. So, since World war II I haven't seen anything exactly like this since before I was born regarding Europe except unless you include the Iron Curtain from Berlin East through East Germany and the Cold War with the U.S. and Western Europe against Eastern Europe and Russia and China.

So, if you want to understand what's happening now maybe thinking in terms of a new cold war might be one way to look at all this since 100 million people died in the last Cold War from 1945 until around 1990 too.

No comments: