Sunday, February 20, 2022

Wax covered Tulkus In Tibetan Gonpos or Temples

While I was visiting Rewalsar, India which is at about 3500 feet and the little town is built on a Padmasambhava and Mandarava holy site by the way. So, to East Indians it is called Rewalsar and to Tibetans who frequent Rewalsar a lot it is called Tsopema so the Tibetans have named this place after Padmasambhava by naming it TsoPema. I'm not sure what Tso means in this word but Pema usually means Lotus because of the legend of Padmasambhava the Mahasiddha who brought Buddhism to Tibet's King Trisongdetsun from Buddhist Nalanda University in Bihar State where it was at that time in World History. So, Buddhism survived well in Tibet even though wars killed most Buddhists in India and likely Nepal as well way back when.

I discovered that Tso means lake so the meaning is Tso-Lake Pema-Lotus or Lake Lotus after Padmasambhava which means "Lotus born" or born from a Lotus.

What I discovered in Rewalsar, India which is about 5 hours by bus from Dharamshala by the way is this holy place that Tibetan Lamas and monks said I had a personal past life connection too. And of course, some of the most amazing things happened there because of course they were all right about this.

To get from Dharamshala by Bus you take a bus to Mandi and then transfer to a bus up to Rewalsar if you are interested in doing this at some point in the future.

Anyway, about a year or more later I was reading:


The Way of the White Clouds
Book by Anagarika Govinda

 and I was at Castle Lake near Mt. Shasta and found out that the wax figure life sized was actually the body of a High Lama covered with wax which is what some or all lineages do with High Lamas when they pass away much like the bones of Saints are put into Catholic Church Altars worldwide to sanctify those churches as well. So, I was very surprised that the perfect wax likeness of the High Lama that I saw at a Kagyu lineage Buddhist Gonpo in Rewalsar or Temple was actually a real High Tulku Lama covered with wax to sanctify their Temple.

At the time this really amazed me because I also "met?" Ling Rinpoche who ran Tibet for the Dalai Lama in Dharamshala. I was secretly taken by a Tibetan Monk to where he was and I asked the monks through the Monk Translator whether Ling  was going to physically  come back from his meditation and they said: "NO" So, he had been stationary sitting in Maitreya Mudra pose of meditation on a Table in this stone hut with a slate roof way up on the mountains away from Dharamshala where the Dalai Lama lives.

My own father had passed away in August of 1985 and this was likely February 1986 and when I felt Maitreya Heaven coming back through Ling Rinpoche's body I cried as the intersection of my father's passing and seeing what is actually possible in transmitting heaven back to earth through Ling Rinpoche to me and my family was experienced fully by me there that day. Ling Rinpoche was sitting in the Maitreya Mudra the last two years before this non-stop 24 hours a day. But, because he was transmitting Maitreya heaven back to earth through his body his body was not deteriorating. In other words he was physically demonstrating that he was a Saint and that his body wasn't going to deteriorate just like Many Catholic Saints have also done for 2 thousand years or more also.

This day changed my life forever and I have carried Maitreya Heaven with me ever since. This was a blessing for my whole family that day for the 5 of us there. Our children were 10 to 14 years old then.

"Tashi Delek" which means "Good Luck" in Tibetan.

By God's Grace

No comments: