Friday, January 27, 2023

Lavender Haze music video brings back memories of Purple Haze with Jimmie Hendrix

 I think this is the allusion she was going for in this music video. A lot of people are haunted by the 1950s people who want to go back there somehow.

I actually lived through the 1950s as a child and it was a very dreary miserable time (although not as miserable as the Great Depression and World war II.

I had thoughts of not living anymore even as a 2 year old in Seattle even then.

But, the 1960s and the 1970s actually gave me enough hope to create a future I could stand to live in. However, this was not there for me at all during the 1950s.

My generation I agree "Threw the baby out with a bathwater" which is why many people want to return to the misery of the 1950s once again.

But, throwing the baby out with the bathwater was the price we paid for stopping nuclear Armageddon on earth with earth becoming literally an asteroid belt completely devoid of life.

So, do I want to go back to the 1950s? Hell NO. The 1950s were a dreary death for humanity after the total death knolls of the Great Depression and World War II.

So, as everyone else was deep in PTSD from the Great Depression and World war II my generation of young people didn't experience that so we created a new world to live in. Some like this world and some don't. But, the 1950s was nothing but miserable for everyone on earth pretty much and the 1940s and 1930s were even worse!

No comments: