Sunday, January 29, 2023

My Mother (who was a Coloratura Soprano) used to sing along with mario Lanza on the record player "I'll Walk with God" in the 1950s

 
Lyrics
 
This was very powerful listening to my mother sing this alongside of Mario Lanza on the Record player in my life. Often it would bring tears to my Grandmother and my eyes when I was 2 to 4 years old listening to my mother sing along with "I'll Walk with God".
 
This likely influenced a lot my choices through life too like asking God to live in my body with me at age 15 instead of me dying of Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy caused by a concussion I suffered at around age 9. I went outside today and the clouds and rain and light and the sun looked like I was looking up into heaven this Sunday here on the northern California Coast. I thought of this memory once again and tried to sing it but realized I didn't remember all the words. So, I looked it up on my Iphone smartphone and listened to Mario Lanza in a Music Video Sing this once again. It's still just as beautiful on all levels as it was for me in the 1950s listening to my mother sing it at home with tears in my young eyes at age 2 to 4 years of age.
I'll walk with god From this day on His helping hand I'll lean upon This is my prayer my humble plea Full lyrics
Source: LyricFind

No comments: