Monday, January 30, 2023

I had recorded "Eat Pray Love" the movie (2010) on Tivo to watch later:

 And as I watched this movie this prayer basically sets off the rest of the movie. I think this prayer I would call a "Dying to self" prayer or a "dying to God" prayer which I find incredibly useful in life.

Why?

The Tibetan Lamas I studied with in the 1980s would say things like "Unless your cup is empty you cannot fill it with something new".

Which is a good point. 

So, sometimes losing everything you have in your life will  cause more wonderful things than you would ever believe to come into your life. But, it's also important to be practical around something like this. You don't go jump off a physical cliff and expect God to save you because he might not.

So, look before you leap! so to speak. So, don't jump a fatal jump off a cliff without a parachute or a hang glider or a para-glider or something to save you.

So, letting go of something just not working and praying to God regarding what isn't working sometimes helps.

 I especially like the writing style of this in book form too. I think her writing style is amazing in writing Eat Pray Love which is a true story of what actually happened to her in this era of her life.

Though this movie was made in 2010 there is a timeless quality to it in regard to starting over in someones life in many ways.


No comments: