Thursday, January 26, 2023

Writing can be healing

 This is what I have found as a child. There is something wonderful about being less confused and fearful than you were before.

I have found that when I sat down to either write longhand (or after 7th grade I could also type pretty fast after taking a typing class one summer in Junior High school).

This also helped when keyboards became common on computer terminals in the late 1960s and early 1970s and even more helpful regarding programming and other things regarding home computers starting with the IBM clones in the 1980s which were then called PCs to differentiate them from Apple products like the IMac laptops that I got into starting in the early 2000s. I like that Imac pro laptops are very versatile without having to deal with computer bugs as much. when I had PCs they were crashing all the time and you would lose a lot of data whenever that happened. Now using an Imac pro laptop they never crash and if they do you need technical assistance usually taking your laptop into an Apple Store or something. So, an Apple Imac pro laptop is a much easier experience with a computer ongoing I have found ever since I switched over to them in the early 2000s. They are more expensive but well worth the money if you can afford them (even if you bought a used one that was refurbished) they are amazing.

Writing I have found has clarified my thoughts and feelings around any quandary I have experienced in my life.

My father taught me debating starting when I was 8 years old in order to make me a critical thinker even about whatever I was thinking about all the time. This helped me a lot because my father was also valedictorian of his High school Class in Seattle in 1934 too.

So, having this critical thinking way approach which is also methodical because of having to survive being an electrician part time since I was 10 or 12 years of age. Because when you have to work on hot circuits and homes or businesses you better be methodical or very soon you are dead regarding electricity. So, this methodical and critical thinking and pragmatic thinking approach to life has kept me alive when many others were injured and died along the way.

So, writing has extended my life over and over again because of the clarity I can reach doing all the research I do regarding whatever interests me (especially the last 24 years since I was forced to retire for health reasons).

By some miracle I was able to be allowed by God to retire at age 50 and I would say this has been the best part of my life. Health issues can be difficult but I tend to be very contemplative as a person so walking my dog along a beach whether it is sunny or storming and cold I find very invigorating being with God those moments in this way.

So, writing for me has saved my life (both mentally and physically and spiritually) over and over again.

I'm just saying this because if you are a writer or want to write, writing has saved my life so many times I've lost count at this point.

By God's Grace

PS I suppose it's sort of like an artist often saves his or her life by painting or musicians save their life over and over again by writing music and sometimes performing for other people too.

It's much the same thing whether you share your writings with others or not, still they will heal you if you have the right attitude while you are writing.

By God's Grace

Note: Recently I was going to buy another Imac Pro laptop but my daughter convinced me that since I didn't need more memory or a faster chip because I only blog and don't do video Graphics like she does as a digital video editor that all I really needed was a new rechargeable battery and a new screen and a new keyboard and I would be fine. So, this only cost me 600 plus dollars to do this.

Otherwise I would have had to pay 2000 to 3000 dollars for a new Imac Pro laptop. With the money I saved I bought my daughter a 4000 dollar computer for Christmas and her Birthday combined which will make her video editing hours quicker for everything she is doing for her video editing business as well.

So, this worked out quite well for all of us. I have basically a completely refurbished 2015 Imac Laptop and I don't have to learn a new operating system because it's the same operating systems I have used basically since 2016 when I first bought this laptop.

And she has more time to do what she needs to do in her life because the computer she is using is now much much faster than the one she had before for doing video editing as a business.

My friend also explained to me that I could have just bought the parts and installed them myself. However, since my son builds computers as a hobby for himself for gaming I knew the pitfalls of doing this especially when you are trying to work on a laptop that don't have the room to work inside that a desktop computer often has. The problem mostly is how small a space you are working in combined with static electricity which if you don't understand this will fry your components especially your CPU or Ram or other digital components if you aren't exceedingly careful and knowledgeable about all this trying to do this at home.

So, it was worth it in the end to pay just over 600 dollars to an Apple store to do this for me (even though likely the parts were under 200 dollars and the rest was labor. So, if you are ambitious and have good dexterity and knowledge of static electricity in relation to computer components you might succeed in doing something like this yourself.

No comments: