Friday, August 7, 2026

All over the world it's probably time to start growing your own food if you can. Why?

I think it's pretty obvious why. It's because of the price of food everywhere now. So, as a result more people are becoming vegetarians simply because they cannot afford to buy meat. But, Also, I have noticed friends who are vegetarians or even Vegan tend to live healthier and longer lasting lives than meat eaters do also. So, meat tends to reduce lifespans (especially steak and Pork) more than anything else. So, people who eat Steak and pork are often gone by 50 or 60 years old from hardening of the arteries, Heart attacks and strokes. So, actually if you want to live a longer healthier life to 100 maybe you should consider going vegetarian or even Vegan. I don't think I could ever be vegan mostly because milk (and milk products) give me a sense of well being. Maybe it's because somehow I associate milk products with mother's milk and I was nursed for 9 months time which was a good thing too as far as having a better immune system and stuff like that. And my two daughters were nursed 3 to 4 years each which is great for the baby but maybe not as great for the mother because it can devitalize the mother doing this. But, it is a great comfort to the child and might stabilize them more throughout their lives and make them feel more secure in life.

So, all this is a balancing act for all of us trying to do the right thing for everyone including mother and child along the way.

Anyway, growing your own food if you have any land or even have room to grow stuff in pots on your porch or veranda like Tomatoes or carrots or things like this or likely even peas if you want might be a good idea with food prices being what they are. And also there is something about growing things that reminds me of watching a puppy of yours grow up or something like this that can be very comforting too.

When I grew the most organic food it was when I was renting 1 acre of land that had black walnut trees and Black Cherry Trees about 100 years old and the same for the black Walnut trees too. It also had wild Blackberries growing there in Mt. Shasta too. So, my daughter who was 3 to 4 years old then would go up on the roof of the house with me and pick black cherries (which are really purple if you are serious about all this) and we would have a great time doing this as long as I kept track of her at that age because after all she was 4 years old. But, that was the easiest way to pick black cherries without climbing a tall ladder then and you could just pick them and eat them right off the tree there in Mt. Shasta around 1990 then too.

Then we moved away to the SF Bay area to buy another business and live there and I haven't lived in Mt. Shasta since 1992 now and then I remarried in 1995 and my present wife didn't want to live in Mt. Shasta mostly because of my two previous wives having lived there or presently living there one of the two. But, now one has moved to Montana and the other one we get along better with is helping my 52 year old son who is having some serious health problems so we are praying for him every day so he can survive now too.

So, the point is that growing your own food can help you survive bad economic times for most people (except of course for the extremely rich) who are making a mint now for a variety of reasons worldwide.

But, the middle class and poor people are mostly dying on the vine so to speak in comparison to the rich worldwide now too.

So, this is a real die off of Poor and middle Class people worldwide much like World War II and the Great Depression now too.

So, God Help us All through these times! 

No comments: