Wednesday, September 23, 2026

However, I never made it to India and Nepal and Thailand until December of 1985 with my family (all 5 of us then)

So, I was 37 years old and I had been 16 years old when I first heard about the Beatles. I went out to get my friend's mail (his name was Mike then in 1964 and we were rebuilding his 1953 Mercury's automatic Transmission. He was a year older than me so I was able to start driving around with him in his 1940 Ford Coupe that he owned before his 1953 Mercury whose transmission we were rebuilding at the time. 

However, within a year he bought a 1951 Ford Convertible that we would put our surfboards (10 feet tall or more (longboards) with the top down under the back of the front seats straight up into the air and drive like that down freeways from Glendale, California to places like Huntington Beach, Californi by 1965. I bought my first car, a 1956 Ford sTation wagon that I called my "Surf wagon" then one month after I got my driver's license the day I turned 16. I got a perfect score on my written test by the way. I really wanted to pass that test! 

AI Overview

 

No comments: