Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Colder Pacific Ocean?

Where I live on the Pacific Coast of Northern California all the way south to San Diego the water has been about 10 degrees Fahrenheit colder this year than normal. So when I heard from someone who is traveling in Hawaii that the water there seems to be about the right temperature for winter time now I realized it wasn't just the Pacific Coast in California that was experiencing this.

My theory at present seems to be that the melting ice caps, melting glaciers all over is not only raising the sea levels around the world very quickly but also reducing ocean water temperatures at least in the northern Pacific Ocean. This might have dramatic effects in present and future weather because at the same time parts of the Atlantic Ocean are at historically high temperatures. A Weatherman or climatologist can explain all this better than I can. However, I live on the ocean and hearing this about Hawaii made me realize that ice caps melting, Icelandic Volcanoes and others going off etc has drastically affected not only water level and the amount of water in the Pacific and all oceans and raised sea levels but it has also appeared to have dropped water temperatures fairly drastically to in the Pacific Basin.

No comments: