Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cell phone in pocket a Health Risk?

Is putting a mobile phone in your pocket a health risk?

If you click on "health risk" above you can read the news article.

I have had several cell phones over the years and I know that they might be dangerous to one's health whether they are on in your pocket or whether you are using them to talk to someone. So, if I'm not walking somewhere I take my cell phone out of my pocket and set it in a cup holder in my car or on a table of my home. This reduces my "On phone" exposure to the constant signals between the cell phone and a tower to tell it it is on and connected into the cell system. When making a phone call from a cell 90% of the time I turn the speakerphone on so I don't have to have it up to my face and expose myself to even more problems over time. Though I see cell phones as useful I constantly take precautions to keep my exposure to a minimum.

No comments: