Thursday, October 28, 2010

Irreconcilable

I'm speaking of course, of the American people. I have never seen (in my lifetime beginning in 1948) Americans so upset and depressed about their futures and the futures of their children. And having lived through "The Golden Age of America" which I would say was between 1950 and 2000 I feel very lucky and privileged indeed. What the future will be for us I cannot say.

However, to be fair 1950 to 2000 was the exception for America and certainly never the rule. One could say it was a fluke brought on by perfect conditions for the U.S. to prosper and by the aftermath of World War II. However you want to look at it, it is over. At least that phase of American life and prosperity is over. If we become prosperous once again we will have to chart another course towards that end.

So, all those of you out there who are irreconcilable and presently live in (or want to) live in America, I  would ask (if you wish) that you study American history, so you can see what your forebears actually went through to create the "Golden Age of America" from 1950 until 2000. Only if enough Americans actually understand the level of sacrifice and blood that Americans gave for their people and country will we ever have a life like that again (or better) in America.

No comments: